Make your own website
Analytics and tracking are essential for understanding how your website is performing and how visitors are interacting with it.
Analytics and tracking are essential for understanding how your website is performing and how visitors are interacting with it. In this guide, we’ll cover the basics of getting started with analytics and tracking, how to set it up, best practices, and examples of how to use it.
Before you can start tracking your website, you’ll need to set up an analytics platform. There are a variety of options available, including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Mixpanel. Each platform has its own set of features and capabilities, so it’s important to do your research and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Once you’ve chosen a platform, you’ll need to create an account and install the tracking code on your website. This code will allow the platform to collect data about your website and its visitors. Depending on the platform, you may also need to set up additional tracking parameters, such as goals or events.
Once you’ve set up your analytics platform, you’ll need to start tracking your website. This involves setting up goals, events, and other tracking parameters. Goals are used to measure the success of your website, such as the number of visitors who complete a purchase or sign up for a newsletter. Events are used to track user interactions, such as clicking on a button or watching a video. You can also set up custom tracking parameters to measure specific actions or behaviors.
Once you’ve set up your tracking parameters, you’ll need to start collecting data. This data will be used to measure the performance of your website and its visitors. You can use this data to identify areas of improvement, optimize your website, and make informed decisions about your website’s future.
- Set up goals and events to track user interactions and measure the success of your website.
- Create custom tracking parameters to measure specific actions or behaviors.
- Analyze the data to identify areas of improvement and optimize your website.
- Make informed decisions about your website’s future based on the data.
- Test different tracking parameters to see which ones are most effective.
- Keep track of changes to your website and adjust your tracking parameters accordingly.
Here are some examples of how you can use analytics and tracking to improve your website:
- Track the number of visitors who complete a purchase to measure the success of your website.
- Track the number of visitors who sign up for a newsletter to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- Track the number of visitors who click on a button to measure the effectiveness of your call-to-action.
- Track the number of visitors who watch a video to measure the engagement of your content.
- Track the number of visitors who visit a specific page to measure the popularity of that page.
Web Analytics tools for small businesses
- Amplitude — Build better products by turning your user data into meaningful insights, using Amplitude’s digital analytics platform.
- Google Analytics — Google Analytics is a platform that collects data from your websites and apps to create reports that provide insights into your business.
- Optimizely — Creating digital experiences that transform your company takes data-driven decisions, continued experimentation and constant invention.
- Marketo Engage — Marketo Engage has powerful marketing automation software that helps marketers master the art and science of digital marketing to engage customers and prospects.
- Adobe Analytics — Adobe Analytics lets you mix, match and analyse data from any digital point in the customer journey. With in-depth analysis, versatile reporting and predictive intelligence, you get the insightful foundation you need to build better customer experiences.
- VWO — VWO is the market-leading A/B testing tool that fast-growing companies use for experimentation & conversion rate optimization.
- Pardot —
Pardot is a B2B marketing automation platform that helps marketers create more leads, generate more pipeline, and empower sales to close more deals. It provides powerful tools to create, deploy, and manage online marketing campaigns.
- Mixpanel — Unlock valuable customer insights to better convert, engage, and retain users with Mixpanel’s powerful, self-serve product analytics. Try it free.
- Freshmarketer — Send the right message at the right time to convert more leads with Freshmarketer
- Google Optimize — Google Optimize is a free tool that helps businesses create better customer experiences by testing different versions of their website and apps. It helps businesses understand customer behavior and make data-driven decisions to improve their products.
- SharpSpring —
SharpSpring is a marketing automation platform that helps businesses increase leads, conversions, and ROI. It offers features like email marketing, lead scoring, and website tracking to help businesses reach their goals.
- Matomo Analytics — Matomo’s the Google Analytics alternative that protects your data and your customer’s privacy. A powerful web analytics platform with 100% data ownership.
- Factoreal — Be a Pro at E-commerce Marketing and convert every online interaction into a sale.
- ContentSquare — ContentSquare is a digital experience insights platform that helps businesses understand how customers interact with their digital products. It provides data-driven insights to optimize user experience, increase conversions, and maximize revenue.
- Google Analytics — Google Analytics gives you the tools you need to better understand your customers. You can then use those business insights to take action, such as improving your website, creating tailored audience lists, and more.
- Statcounter — A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.
- Audiense — Identify relevant audiences, discover amazing actionable insights and inform your strategies to grow your business.
- LeadsRx — LeadsRx is a marketing attribution platform that helps businesses understand the ROI of their marketing efforts. It provides insights into customer journeys, tracks conversions, and optimizes campaigns for maximum ROI.
- Brandfolder — Manage, distribute, and analyze your digital assets in one place with Brandfolder, the world’s most powerfully simple brand asset management software.