Grow your business
Business Process Mapping
Business process mapping is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. It helps you to identify and document the steps in your business processes, so you can better understand how they work and how to improve them. In this guide, we’ll cover the basics of business process mapping, including how to get started, best practices, and examples.
The first step in business process mapping is to identify the processes you want to map. This could include customer service, sales, marketing, or any other process that is important to your business. Once you’ve identified the processes you want to map, you’ll need to document them. This can be done using a variety of tools, such as flowcharts, diagrams, or spreadsheets.
Once you’ve documented your processes, you’ll need to analyze them. This involves looking at each step in the process and determining how it can be improved. You should also look for any potential bottlenecks or areas of inefficiency. This analysis will help you identify areas where you can make changes to improve the process.
Once you’ve identified and documented your processes, you’ll need to create a map. This can be done using a variety of tools, such as flowcharts, diagrams, or spreadsheets. When creating your map, you should include all the steps in the process, as well as any decisions that need to be made. You should also include any potential bottlenecks or areas of inefficiency.
Once you’ve created your map, you’ll need to analyze it. This involves looking at each step in the process and determining how it can be improved. You should also look for any potential bottlenecks or areas of inefficiency. This analysis will help you identify areas where you can make changes to improve the process.
Once you’ve identified areas for improvement, you’ll need to implement them. This could involve changing the process, adding new steps, or removing unnecessary steps. You should also consider automating certain steps to make the process more efficient. Once you’ve implemented the changes, you should test them to make sure they are working as expected.
- Identify and document the processes you want to map.
- Create a map of the process, including all steps and decisions.
- Analyze the process to identify areas for improvement.
- Implement changes to improve the process.
- Test the changes to make sure they are working as expected.
- Optimize the process for SEO keywords.
Here are some examples of how businesses have used business process mapping to improve their processes:
- A retail store used business process mapping to identify and eliminate bottlenecks in their checkout process, resulting in faster customer service.
- A manufacturing company used business process mapping to identify areas of inefficiency in their production process, resulting in increased productivity.
Tools to help you manage your business processes
- OrderWise — OrderWise is an all-in-one business management software that helps companies streamline operations, increase efficiency, and improve customer service. It offers features such as inventory management, order processing, CRM, eCommerce, and more.
- Adeptia — Use Adeptia’s self-service integration solution to onboard faster, from months to minutes (80%), and provide delightful customer experiences.
- Appian — Appian is a comprehensive business process management (BPM) platform that helps organizations automate and optimize their processes.
- Icertis — Go beyond contract lifecycle management with Icertis Contract Intelligence
- M-Files — M-Files offers an innovative metadata-driven document management platform. M-Files gives midsize and enterprise businesses a leading edge.
- IBM BPM — IBM Business Process Management (BPM) is a suite of software tools designed to help organizations automate and optimize their business processes.
- Workbooks — Our powerful CRM platform is personalised and fine-tuned by our own experts precisely to your business goals. That way it lets you do…
- Alfresco — Alfresco Platform is an open, modern and secure system that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business.
- Oracle BPM Suite — Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) is a comprehensive suite of software tools designed to help organizations automate and manage their business processes.
- K2 Process Automation — K2 provides process automation solutions to help businesses streamline their operations. Automate manual processes, reduce errors, and increase efficiency with K2’s easy-to-use tools. Get more done with less effort and time.
- OpenText — OpenText offers cloud-native solutions in an integrated and flexible Information Management platform to enable intelligent, connected and secure organizations.
- Pega BPM — Pega BPM is designed to help organisations automate and optimise their business processes, enabling them to improve efficiency.
- Lucidchart — Lucidchart is the intelligent diagramming application that brings teams together to make better decisions and build the future.
- DocuWare Cloud — DocuWare Cloud is a cloud-based document management system that helps businesses securely store, manage, and share documents. It offers features such as automated workflows, document capture, and mobile access, allowing users to access documents from anywhere.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM — Tibco ActiveMatrix BPM enables organisations to automate and optimise their business processes.
- Smartsheet — Smartsheet enables teams to manage projects, automate processes & scale programs in one powerful platform.